Last night I made these super easy and quick Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins. I followed the recipe straight from www.weelicious.com, as I was looking a breakfast muffin that was fast and tasty to make! In yet another effort to find a different recipe to use up my old bananas, this one was perfect for my toddler because it cuts the fat and sugar. Thanks to another good recipe from Weelicious!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup agave nectar (I used agave nectar, but you can also use honey!)
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 ripe mashed bananas
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or dried fruit or nuts)
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Combine the first four ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the agave nectar (or honey), egg, milk, oil, and bananas.
- Slowly combine the dry ingredients to the wet.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into a greased or lined muffin tin. I usually use my 1/4 measuring cup to scoop out the batter and fill the cups, but the batter should be about 2/3 of the way up.
- Bake for 18 minutes.
- Cool and serve!
As you can imagine, these are so yummy with the melted chocolate fresh out of the oven.